A system administrator main role will be responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting a company’s computer systems. Designs and installs LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments.
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
· Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
· Maintain system efficiency.
· Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
· Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
· Make recommendations for future upgrades.
· Maintain network and system security.
· Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
· Evaluate and modify system’s performance.
· Identify user needs.
· Initial point of contact for any IT related issues.
· Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
· Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
Educational Qualifications: Degree in computer science/IT Relevant Professional Experience (Current & Past): System Administration, network administration
. Knowledge on Computer Hardware and Networking
. Troubleshooting any IT related problems.
. System performance tuning and software updates
. Date security
. A technical, logical thought process
. Problem-solving skills
. An ability to prioritize and delegate
. Attention to detail
. Relationship building with IT vendors